Image by Voytek
Hey New Photographers! This one's for you. We introduced a more budget friendly accommodation option for SNAP this year and it sold out almost straight away. Since then we've had a whole load of newer wedding photographers who haven't been at this for all that long getting in touch with us to say how bummed they are that they missed out, which got us thinking.
We've always wanted to find a way to give back to the photography community and that's why we do a whole load of things like run our SNAP's Got Talent competition. We'd really like to help out newer photographers though. If the newer end of the industry is elevated and supported, it raises the standard for all of us.
Image by Lee Allen
Because of this we're designating 10 discounted tickets for newcomers to the industry and we're allocating these places by ballot. Tickets will be an equivalent price to our budget accommodation option (Group Tents, at £899) and spaces will be randomly allocated (ensuring you're in same sex accommodation if required) across our Camp Shacks, Bell Tents and Domes. This means you'll save up to £450 off the price of your ticket!
Image by Lee Allen
To qualify for one of these heavily discounted places you need to be a new photographer to the industry who's either:
- Been full time in business for 1 year or less; or
- Been part time in business for 2 years or less
(so if you've been part time for up two years and full time up to one year or any combination you're welcome to enter)
To enter you need to
1) complete the form below
2) Post up to 10 images that you think represent your work on a public blog or website, along with a statement telling us:
- Why you'd like to be allocated one of our ballot places
- Your journey as a photographer so far
- Why you want to succeed as a wedding photographer
- Anything else you think we should know
3) Include a link in your post to this blog post
4) Share your blog post on Instagram or Facebook and tag our social media channels (we're @snapphotofest on Instagram and this is our Facebook page)
The closing date is the 9th February 2017 and the Ts and Cs are at the bottom of this post.
If you need more convincing about why you'd have an amazing time at SNAP, check out our pictures from 2015.
Prizes includes 4 x tickets at 50% discount and 4 x tickets for £899
Tickets are for Snap Photo Festival on the 24th - 28th April 2017, at Fforest Camp in Wales staying in Camp Shack accommodation (upgrades available in exchange for the difference in price/winner is responsible for their own travel costs)
· Closing date 9th February 2017
· Winners agree to be featured on snapphotofestival.com and in any associated publicity
· None of the prizes may be exchanged or transferred and no cash alternative will be offered
· Winners will be selected by Snap Photo Festival. All decisions are final
· By entering the draw, you agree that all information submitted by you is true
· The winner will be contacted via email failure to respond may result in forfeiture of the prize